Tuesday 27 June 2017

My favourite books

These are not ordered within groups, but I like the books in the first group more than the ones in the second.

I have only allowed myself one entry per author. Some entries are a single book; others (marked with a †) are a trilogy or series that I'm treating as a single story.

Best of the best

  • Earthsea, by Ursula LeGuin
  • The Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien
  • Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson
  • The Curse of Chalion, by Lois McMaster Bujold
  • Lankhmar, by Fritz Leiber
  • Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix

Really good

  • Rivers of London, by Ben Aaronovitch
  • Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher
  • Dark Sun Rising, by Celia Friedman
  • The Algebraist, by Iain M Banks
  • Perdido Street Station, by China Mieville
  • The Martian, by Andy Weir
  • Lyonesse, by Jack Vance
  • The Queen's Thief, by Megan Whalen Turner
  • Thud!, by Terry Pratchett
  • The Atrocity Archives, by Charles Stross

What are your favourite books? Can you recommend me a book based on what you now know of my tastes?

No comments:

Post a Comment